2018 GREENWOOD DISTRICT
VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION DINNER
Our annual celebration of Scouting, our district, and our amazing Scouts and Scouters.
Only $10 per person
Registration for the Dinner is closed.
Nominate Scouts or Scouters for this years awards!
Cub Scout of the Year
Cub Leader of the Year
Boy Scout of the Year
Troop Leader of the Year
Venturer of the Year
Venturing Leader of the Year
District Volunteer of the Year
Thank you to all those who submitted nominations.
The District Award of Merit
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts in the same manner that the Silver Beaver is a national award presented by councils. The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof. The district need not present all the awards to which it is entitled each year.
It is not appropriate to nominate a Scouter who has already received this award.
1. A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
2. A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both. Note - The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
3. Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
4. The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
5. Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.