Our flagship camp located on a pennisula on Siltcoos Lake just outside the coastal town of Florence, Oregon. Camp Baker has been serving Scouting and western Oregon for 50 years with a high-caliber open program. Troops come from as far away as eastern Oregon, Montana, Washington, Idaho and California. 17 great meals are served from the Kenneth Ford Dining Hall. Camp Baker is a popular destination for outdoor schools, church groups and family reunions. Wheelchair-accessible campsites and cabins are available.
There is still space available at beautiful Camp Baker this summer. Take advantage of the great facilities and programs that are offered at this premier camp. From sailing to rifle shooting, COPE course challenges to nature study, there is something for every Scout at every level.
Map to Camp Baker
5262 Boy Scout Rd
Florence, OR 97439
Camp Melakwa Located at the crest of the Cascades near the Three Sisters Wilderness, Camp Melawka offers a rugged and fun adventure for your troop's summer.
At Camp Melakwa, high in the heart of the Cascades, Scouts and Scouters alike find the pinnacle of what Scouting offers. We help your troop focus on the patrol method, key skills, rank advancement and high-country wilderness adventure.
The program at Camp Melakwa is tailored to promoting adventure. Our structured morning merit badge sessions give way to afternoons of exploration. Enjoy open archery, rifle, and shotgun ranges, as well as open areas in waterfront, nature, and Scoutcraft. The call of the mountain and endless trails will be a constant allure.
- Conquer the Middle Sister or descend into a ancient lava tube
- Swim, snorkel, kayak, canoe, row, and fish in our surprisingly warm crystal clear lake
- Prepare meals that you choose. No cafeteria food here!
- Explore endless hiking trails
- Attain rank advancement to First Class
- Climb and rappel on natural rock
- Visit many of the high mountain lakes that surround camp
- Truly operate within the patrol method
- Map to Camp Melakwa