Renew the annual charter for packs, troops, teams, crews, and posts
A representative of each unit can now complete the paperwork for renewing a charter online. From Internet Rechartering, you can indicate returning members, add new members and update information for an individual or the charted organization.
Each district will feature training on Internet Rechartering. Each unit must select an adult to be its renewal processor. This adult must attend the training. Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about how Internet Rechartering works can take the Interactive Rechartering tutorial and view the help site.
To Renew a Charter Online
- 60 days before your unit's expiration date (usually Dec 31), select a renewal processor.
- The processor attends the district's recharter training where they will receive the unit's renewal packet and access code.
- 60 to 45 days before the unit's expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now and begins the process.
- When the online process is complete, please have you unit leader and executive officer sign charter paperwork.
- Bring the application along with the material you received in your recharter packet (such as the Journey to Excellence application, Annual Charter Agreement, etc.) and all appropriate fees to your district charter turn-in meeting.
For questions or assistance, call the Scout service center at 541-485-4433. Or email the council registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local district executive.