Located at the crest of the Cascades near the Three Sisters Wilderness, Camp Melakwa offers a rugged and fun adventure for your troop's summer.
At Camp Melakwa, high in the heart of the Cascades, Scouts and Scouters alike find the pinnacle of what Scouting offers. We help your troop focus on the patrol method, key skills, rank advancement and high-country wilderness adventure.
The program at Camp Melakwa is tailored to promoting adventure. Our structured morning merit badge sessions give way to afternoons of exploration. Enjoy open archery, rifle, and shotgun ranges, as well as open areas in waterfront, nature, and Scoutcraft. The call of the mountain and endless trails will be a constant allure.
- Climb the Middle Sister or descend into a ancient lava tube
- Swim, snorkel, kayak, canoe, row, and fish in our surprisingly-warm, crystal-clear lake
- Prepare meals that you choose. No cafeteria food here!
- Explore endless hiking trails
- Attain rank advancement to First Class
- Climb and rappel on natural rock
- Visit many of the high mountain lakes that surround camp
- Truly operate within the patrol method