Joe and Anna have been faithful supporters of Oregon Trail Council. They believe it is important to support and encourage the mission of the BSA.
Joe: "Several years ago, Anna and I decided to become part of the Oregon Trail Council's mission. We believe that they are truly helping others. We think that it is important to partner with them to make a difference. For that reason, Anna and I have made gifts over the years to help Oregon Trail Council help others."
Anna: "We wanted to do more than to just make gifts. Joe and I have been careful over the years and have accumulated some resources. We plan to be generous with family, but we also have the ability to be generous with charity."
"After talking it over, we decided to leave a bequest in our will. Our attorney took the simple language available from the organization and included a nice bequest. We are delighted that we will be helping others through them."
You also may want to make it easy and convenient to have a bequest included in your will. The language below shows how a bequest can very easily be included in your will. Please feel free to give this information to your attorney. If he or she has any questions, please have them contact Tony Reyneke at phone number 541-284-4394 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
*Please note: The name and image above is representative of a typical donor and may or may not be an actual donor to Oregon Trail Council.
Example bequest language. feel free to change the numbers or percentages as you desire.
- Bequest of cash "I bequeath the sum of $10,000 to Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America of Eugene, OR."
- Bequest of IRA "I bequeath 20% of IRA account Number 12345 to Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America of Eugene, OR."
- Bequest of publicly traded stock "I bequeath 1,000 shares of Boeing stock to Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America of Eugene, OR."
- Bequest of a percent of the estate "I devise and bequeath 20% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America of Eugene, OR."
- Contingent Bequest "If my brother John Doe survives me, I devise and bequeath 20% of the remainder and residue of property owned at my death, whether real or personal, and wherever located to John Doe. If John Doe does not survive me, then I devise and bequeath 20% of my residuary estate, whether real or personal property and wherever located to Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America of Eugene, OR."
Oregon Trail Council's development team will work closely and confidentially with you and your financial advisers to ensure that your gift achieves your individual goals and expresses your personal vision for the Boy Scouts of America.
When you support Oregon Trail Council, you can choose from a number of convenient ways to make a gift. Often, the type of gift you wish to make will determine the techniques available to you. Also, depending on the type of gift and the technique used, special tax and financial benefits can result.
Designating your Gift
Through a gift, you might create a campership so the success you now enjoy is made possible for others. Or your interests might lie in enhancing summer camp, Scoutreach, training, or a specific program within the council. Your gift can be an individual expression of your vision and goals.
As you begin to define your goals, there are some questions you might consider: What are my personal objectives and needs? What are my financial goals? What is the best asset to use to make my gift? Which gift plans can best accomplish my goals for my family and the Boy Scouts of America?
The Oregon Trail Council development staff is a resource for you. The staff is experienced in gift planning and understands the importance of philanthropy as a part of a successful overall estate plan. We are available to assist you and your advisers as you consider the many opportunities presented in this informational material. Our goal is to present you with options and to help you make the best choice possible. We accomplish this by ensuring that your gift expresses your interests in Scouting, and maximizes the benefits you and Oregon Trail Council receive from your gift. Scouting’s planned giving professionals will work closely and confidentially with you and your financial advisers to ensure that your gift achieves your individual goals, and expresses your personal vision for Oregon Trail Council.