In Scouting we have so many opportunities for young people to do just that in and around the beautiful state of Oregon.
Summertime in Oregon means plenty of chances for our Scouts to take advantage of the great outdoors in one of the most scenic parts of the country. We owe it to our Scouts to ensure they can take advantage of those opportunities. Another thing we owe to our Scouts is to make sure that we do so in a safe environment. That is why I am asking all our leaders to make sure that we are familiar with, and have a copy of, the Guide to Safe Scouting. https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34416.pdf
As our Chief Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh says:
Commit yourself to creating a safe and healthy environment by:
• Knowing and executing the BSA program as contained in our publications
• Planning tours, activities, and events with vigilance using the tools provided
• Setting the example for safe behavior and equipment use during program
• Engaging and educating all participants in discussions about hazards and risks
• Reporting incidents in a timely manner
As previously stated, we want to take advantage of the many different experiences we have available to us. Our priority needs to be ensuring the safety of all our Scouts and leaders.
Thank you for being part of Scouting and creating an exciting and safe experience for every participant!